LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an A&P Mechanic with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Atlanta, GA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
A&P Mechanics will maintain, inspect, repair, modify, overhaul and troubleshoot commercial aircraft in compliance with policies, manuals, procedures and requirements.
- Inspect, test, repair, maintain, and service aircraft.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Perform visual inspections during assembly of part and after repair or installation of component.
- Perform operational checks after maintenance is performed to ensure proper operation.
- Examine, inspect and troubleshoot engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems, using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment.
- Test engine and system operations, using testing equipment.
- Service and maintain aircraft systems.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data.
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Must have 3-5 years experience within commercial aviation.
- Must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals.
- Must be able to document maintenance performed on required forms.
- Knowledge of design techniques, principles, tools and instruments involved in the production and use of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Must be able to use the FAA approved data proficiently. (i.e., IPC, AMM, OHM, SRM.)
- Familiar with B737, B747, B757, B767, B777, MD88/90, DC-9 and A319/320 aircraft types and associated engines.
- Practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully complete a fingerprint-based Criminal History Records check prior to beginning work.
- Must meet the physical requirements which qualify a person to perform essential job functions including the ability to lift at least 70 pounds.
- Must be willing to work rotating or fixed shifts.
- A valid clear driver’s license.
As required by the FAA for all persons in safety-sensitive positions, candidates selected for this position are subject to a drug test.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.