The Payroll Manager is responsible for day to day payroll activities including but not limited to; maintaining records, filing tax and deduction reports, processing deductions, preparing account transactions, documenting and updating procedures and preparing reports for the senior management team. This position requires the ability to understand all aspects of payroll processing from new hire entry through payroll transmission. Manages the payroll team, interacts with internal and external employees and provides exceptional customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, coordinates, organizes, and administers the Company’s multi-state payroll activities in accordance with Company policies and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory requirements; monitors and stays apprised of current laws governing payroll, minimum wage, overtime, leaves of absence, and sick time.
- Administers and maintains the Company’s payroll system; monitors and ensures valid data transfers to and from payroll service provider; liaises with payroll service provider to report, escalate, and resolve payroll and/or systems issues; participates in training to ensure efficiency and maximized system capability.
- Oversees accurate and timely input of payroll data including but not limited to new hires, payroll deductions, wage increases, promotions, bonuses, paid time off, leaves of absence, and terminations; tracks and deducts garnishment and other special payroll deductions; reviews and monitors data for accuracy; ensures employee changes are entered correctly and processed in a timely manner.
- Coordinates and establishes payroll tax accounts for all new states in which the Company operates; works with payroll processing company to ensure complete and accurate preparation and reporting of state and federal tax reports, including any agency notices or amendment filings. Responds to various types of payroll related inquiries from employees and managers including but not limited to regular wages, bonuses, pay increases, voluntary and involuntary deductions, paid time off, accrual balances, timekeeping, wage statements, W-2’s, and payroll system access issues.
- Compiles, generates, and/or analyzes payroll data as required for new hire/termination reports, payroll tax reporting, insurance deductions, 401 (k) contributions, ERISA audits, workers’ compensation reporting, annual insurance renewal process, ACA reporting, total comp statements, and ad hoc requests.
- Partners with HR Manager on items such as employee relations, compliance, and wage & hour laws.
- Acts as a lead point person for all payroll inquires.
- Coordinates and processes weekly payroll, bonuses, final paychecks; disseminates pay to employees via direct deposit or wire; liaises with Accounting Department to request wires as required and obtains necessary approvals.
- Responsible for managing the Payroll Department, setting goals annually.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures over the payroll processes.
- Partners with HR Manager to processes and issue W-2 wage and 1095-C forms to employees; coordinates the transmittal to the IRS of the mandatory Form 1094-C.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Current federal, state, and local payroll regulations and requirements
Multi-state payroll processes and procedures
Payroll reporting and records maintenance requirements
Current ACA regulations in relation to employer tracking and reporting
Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) at an intermediate level
Providing exceptional customer service
Effectively prioritizing and maintaining attention to detail within a fast-paced environment
Self-starter who can drive accomplishments, with strong organizational skills
Working knowledge of payroll best practices
Able to work both independently and in a group
Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
Excellent spelling and grammar skills
Ability to maintain high-quality work and meet strict deadlines
Ability to adhere to LAUNCH’s Mission and Values
MINIMUM EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
- 5 years of multi-state payroll experience
- Previous experience processing payroll using ADP Workforce Now is required
- Associates degree required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior system conversion experience a plus.
- All clients/customers
Corporate Headquarters, all departments