LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an A&P Mechanic with repair experience on corporate aircraft for an opportunity in Fort Launderdale, Florida.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The A&P Mechanic examines, repairs, assembles, and tests aircraft accessories, such as engines, power brake units, auxiliary electric motors, carburetors, spark igniters, valves, pumps, fuselage, wings, and oil and fuel tanks, using hand tools and testing devices, and following shop orders and manufacturer's specifications.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Valid A&P License
- Repair experience with aircraft / general aviation trained in one aircraft type; proficient and demonstrated skill with the aircraft.
- Recent depot level aircraft maintenance and repair experience is required, (repair of mechanical systems, components, hydraulics, pneumatics, plumbing, rigging etc.); proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
- Assignments require Minimal Knowledge beyond the assigned work.
- Demonstrates correct understanding of routine aspects of work.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs, and maintenance.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
- As required by the position, must have the ability to wear a respirator as per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134 "Respirator Protection" regulations with no restrictions that would prevent the proper use and/or seal of the respirator.
- Ability to work flexible hours and different shifts if required
- Employees will be subject to the random drug and alcohol testing under FAA regulations
- Commitment to company values and complies with department norms, policies, directives, and procedures.
- Incorporates Lean and P3E processes and concepts into daily activities.
- Strive for continuous improvement to processes and procedures.
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.