LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aircraft Mechanic with repair experience on P8 aircraft for an opportunity in Patuxent River, Maryland.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Aircraft Mechanics/ Technicians inspect, diagnose, repair and monitor aircraft and aircraft systems such as structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, engines, power, and electrical/ electronic systems and components as assigned to work centers.
- The mechanic receives technical guidance from team leads and or supervisors, which may be more senior mechanics, and based on skill and ability may be assigned as team leads for relevant tasks.
- Uses hand tools, power tools, machines and ancillary equipment required to perform assigned task.
- Read and interpret service and manufacturer maintenance manuals, instructions, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of maintaining and repairing malfunctioning aircraft, aircraft systems, or ancillary equipment.
- Specific position training and certification requirements may be required by the CNAFINST 4790 and other maintenance instructions.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School diploma or GED.
- Commercial derivative aircraft require A&P certification.
- Relevant aircraft maintenance repair, inspection, modification, and flight-line operations performance within NAVAIRINST 3710.1(series) or CNAFINST 4790.2 (series) equivalent maintenance systems (not required with Trade, A&P, FAA Certification).
- Specific experience with the Aircraft Type Model to be supported for the work position (may be waived with submittal of an approved training plan).
- Demonstrated use of technical publications and guidance.
- Demonstrated experience with aircraft and equipment logs and records.
- Mechanical support positions require a broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- Two years NAWC/ NAVAIR experience.
- Experience performing functional duties independently.
- Knowledge of supply/ logistics policies and procedures.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you've found an employer that can take you to new heights.